Creating High-Performing Teams
Most business leaders are responsible for leading a team – yet few have had any training on how to develop a high-performing team. As a result, most leaders are ill-equipped to develop a high-performing team and many teams fail to realize their potential.
High-performing teams are those that:
- Are aligned with organizational goals
- Have high levels of trust and collaboration among team members
- Focused on results
If you’ve ever been a part of a high-performing team, you know there is almost nothing a high-performing team can’t achieve and almost no challenge that is too difficult to overcome.
Developing a high-performing team is simple, but it’s not easy. In fact, it can be really hard work. Effective team development requires determination, courage and humility. At People Leading People, we focus on the leader’s role and responsibility to create and sustain a high-performing team.
Is Team Development the same as Teambuilding?
No. Teambuilding is typically a short-term activity designed to strengthen unity and collaboration among colleagues. It is not a way to strengthen a low-performing team.
Team development utilizes a more systematic approach to improve a team’s effectiveness by assessing factors such as:
- Levels of Team Trust
- Role Clarity
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Conflict Management
- Decision Making
We use proven team models and tools to provide the team leader and team members with skills to improve team performance now and in the future.
We approach each team development request individually to address the unique goals and challenges of the team. When you request teambuilding, we respond by
- Conducting a confidential consultation and needs assessment to:
- Listen to your goals
- Identify factors that may be impacting team performance
- Determine appropriate solutions
- Recommending solutions to improve team functioning, such as:
- Designing and facilitating team sessions
- Coaching leaders when they prefer to facilitate the team sessions themselves
- Customizing and delivering our workshops for your team’s needs